Our membership year runs from January to December.
Membership categories and fees:
- Individual: $40
- Family: Two people at the same address. $50
- Institutional: Any institution such as a publisher, supplier, library or society. $40
Renewing your membership? Please use the 2015 renewal form if you have not yet renewed for the current year. If you want to renew early for 2016, use the 2016 renewal form. Thank you for renewing your membership.
Please use the 2015 membership application form
. If you join after July 1, 2015, you will receive a half-year membership
that will end December 2015. Once your form is received, you will hear from the Membership Director and will receive access information to the Members Only
section of our website. Welcome to BIFHSGO!
or drop off the completed form at a monthly meeting
. Payment can be made by cheque or money order payable to BIFHSGO, or by cash. Annual membership fees are due January 1, payable in Canadian dollars.
Interested in volunteer opportunities?
Whether you have a few hours to spare or more time to share, we have a wide range of opportunities. Visit our Volunteer Page
for more information.
Membership benefits include
- Four issues of our award-winning quarterly journal, Anglo-Celtic Roots. (View archived issues.)
- Ten free monthly meetings which include pre-meeting educational sessions, a feature speaker and Discovery Tables
- Monthly e-newsletter.
- Access to the Society's extensive library for personal research.
- Access to Members Only website, includes meeting and conference handouts.
- Posting family names to our Surname Research database.
- Discounted registration fees for our annual conference.
- Free query and advisory services.
- Opportunities to meet friendly people who share common interests and want to help others learn to research and share family history.
Our Tracing and Sharing British Isles Family History brochure outlines some of the Society's aims and philosophies and is currently being updated.
Learn how you can make online donations to BIFHSGO using CanadaHelps