Call for Proposals - 2018 Conference
24th Annual BIFHSGO Family History Conference
BIFHSGO is soliciting proposals for presentations at our annual conference to be held in
September 28 – 30, 2018
Our main conference sessions take place on Saturday and Sunday, with workshops or seminars on Friday.
This conference will focus on two main themes, plus other areas of interest:
• Scottish family history
• Genetic genealogy
• Family history-related topics, such as military, immigration,
Lectures, workshops, seminars
We are seeking proposals on these topics for lectures on Saturday and Sunday, as well as for workshops or seminars Friday.
A lecture is expected to be about 60 minutes in length, followed by a 10 to 15-minute question period.
A workshop or seminar should last three hours.
Proposal Submission Requirements
Each proposal must be submitted by downloading and completing our Conference Proposal Form that is available in PDF and easy to fill in.
The following information is required on the form:
• Your full name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
• Format of the proposed presentation:
- a lecture (or several lectures) during the conference on Saturday and Sunday.
- a seminar or hands-on workshop on Friday.
• Presentation title (nine-word maximum);
• An abstract of up to 200 words describing the presentation;
• A 50-word description of your presentation for the conference brochure;
• A 100-150 word biography;
• Whether your presentation would be aimed at genealogists working at the beginner,
intermediate, or advanced (specialist) level;
• Your audiovisual requirements.