Become a Member
Join us to learn about family history research in the British Isles. Our membership year runs from January to December.
- Four issues of our quarterly journal, Anglo-Celtic Roots (View archived issues)
- Ten free monthly meetings, which include pre-meeting educational sessions, a featured speaker and Discovery Tables
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Access to the Members Only section, which includes meeting handouts and conference handouts and videos
- Posting family names to our Surname Research database
- Discounted registration fees for our annual conference
- Findmypast.com - 50% discount for our members
- Free query and advisory services
- Access to the Society's extensive library for personal research
- Opportunities to meet friendly people who share common interests and want to help others learn to research and share family history
2017 Membership categories and fees
- Individual: $45
- Family (two people at the same address): $55
- Institutional (any institution such as a publisher, supplier, library, or society): $45
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Join or renew online, by mail, or in person
- To become a new member, go to Join Online.
- To join by mail or in person at one of our monthly meetings, print the Online Registration form, or pick up a form at our meeting, fill in the required information, and mail or hand deliver. Or you may print and complete the 2017 membership application form and mail it to us. Payment can be made by cheque or money order payable to BIFHSGO, or by cash.
- To renew your membership online, log in to the Members Only section. Then, in the margin on the left, click on Profile under Members Only. From there, you can easily renew, and your name and address are already entered for you.
- To renew by mail or in person, print and complete the 2017 renewal form.
- Once your completed form is received, you will hear from the Membership Director, who will tell you how to access the "Members Only" section of our website.
Support BIFHSGO by volunteering or making a donation
- We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities, whether you have a few hours to spare or more time to share. Visit our Volunteer Page for more information.
- If you would like to support BIFHSGO, please consider making an online donation through CanadaHelps.